Cyber SecurityAugust 18, 2020 2020-09-22 7:41
Did you know that hackers attack and steal critical information every 39 seconds? Information Security is a crucial challenge that most businesses, governments, and consumers face every nanosecond. Cybercrimes are increasing at an alarming pace in today’s digital age, causing a considerable loss in money, reputation, and customers. Industry predictions suggest that cybercrimes will cost the world $6 trillion by 2021.
Even though rising digitization, social media proliferation, process automation, Artificial Intelligence ( AI), Internet of Things( IoT), Big Data, and the new normal work cultures such as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and remote working, benefit consumers and businesses alike, they create vulnerabilities in the IT infrastructure. Cybercriminals exploit these gaps to manipulate and steal sensitive information, money, and identities. The Information Security attacks impact the business and employees, customers, supply chain and channel partners, sector peers, and even governments to a large extent.
Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and their teams work double shifts to mitigate Information Security risks while maintaining business continuity and deriving value from cutting-edge technology innovation. Businesses are actively deploying comprehensive Information Security solutions to ward off data breaches and attacks. The global cybersecurity market is predicted to snowball from $173 billion in 2020 to $270 billion by 2026.
Businesses are looking out to strengthen their defenses by employing Information Security professionals who can rethink IT architecture, redesign processes, and embed cybersecurity in design. To gain a competitive edge when securing high-paying jobs, you must join the right Information Security course. AICL in Chennai provides you a perfect launchpad to kickstart your career in Information Security. The course content of the Information Security course at AICL in Chennai will make you 100% industry-ready and drastically improve your employability quotient.
What is Information Security?
Information Security (Infosec) is a risk management function that protects enterprise data by preventing thefts, breaches, and unauthorized access. Infosec processes and practices help secure the organization’s physical, electronic, tangible, and intangible data assets from unlawful use, disclosure, disruption, deletion, corruption, modification, inspection, recording, or devaluation.
What are the triads of Information Security?
Infosec procedures are built around 3 key objectives, also known as the CIA triads. CIA stands for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability.
Confidentiality– Information must not be disclosed to unauthorized, irrelevant personnel, entities, or processes.
Integrity– Accuracy, consistency, and wholeness must be maintained without unauthorized editing.
Availability-Access control and role-specific responsibility must be practiced to prevent data crimes.
What are the types of Information Security threats?
Even the mightiest of business empires can crumble if the following information security threats are not dealt with severely.
- Malware– Malicious viruses and worms that copies and self-replicates to destroy business data and network form a significant part of malware.
- Botnets– Remote controlled by cybercriminals, Botnets are a collection of interconnected devices that generate fraudulent click campaigns and spams to trick the user or system.
- Phishing – Fake emails from pretending legitimate sources compel the user to share confidential information such as bank credentials, passwords, etc.
- Drive-by downloads– Sometimes, just browsing or opening a webpage will trigger a download. These drive-by downloads will inject Trojans to steal sensitive information.
- Distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) – These attacks come in the form of sudden torrents of emails, requests, or traffic, forcing the system to crash, thus causing service denial to legitimate customers.
- Ransomware – The attackers encrypt and lock the victim’s data system, preventing them from accessing their own information. Only after paying a hefty ransom will the database be decrypted and released to the owner.
- Exploit kits – Programming tools and attack kits available for laypeople to hack into systems.
- Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) – A targeted cyber-attack where the intruder penetrates a system, accesses sensitive information, and remains undetected for a long time.
- Maladvertising– Codes injected into legitimate online advertising networks and web pages, redirect users to malicious websites or installs malware on devices.
- Insider threats– Intentional or unintentional misuse of data by employees or stakeholders with access to critical information.
Career Opportunities for Information Security Professionals
Did you know that unfilled cybersecurity jobs worldwide will reach over 4 million by 2021? The growing speed, complexity, and intensity of Information Security attacks bring chills even to the most seasoned, reputed, and technologically advanced companies. As a proactive risk containment measure, businesses are investing a significant part of their budgets in Information Security drives. To fill in these highest paying information security positions, they seek professionals (as listed below) certified in Information Security.
- Application Security Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
- Cybersecurity Scrum Master
- Information Assurance Analyst
- Cloud Security Architect
Top Reasons why you must join the Information Security course at AICL in Chennai
Companies across the globe are actively recruiting cyber defenders. If you want to work in the cybersecurity domain either abroad or in India, then the Information Security course at AICL in Chennai is the best option for you. Listed below are the benefits you can realize if you join our Information Security course.
Complete mastery of in-demand skills in security design, vulnerabilities, threats, defenses, and
- much more
- In-depth, step-by-step course content
- Projects that facilitate hands-on learning
- Faculty support at every stage of the learning experience
- Mentorship and guidance from infosec practitioners with rich experience
- 100% job placements upon course completion
Industries that are on Information Security hiring spree
Gone are the days when information security was the prerogative of the IT industry. Now Information Security is a crucial concern and function in every field of business. Companies across the industries below are building cybersecurity into their value chains. They actively hire Information Security professionals to mitigate risks while enabling digital transformation.
- Professional service
- Finance and Insurance
- Wholesale trade
- Personal and local service
- Top secret government agencies
- Transportation and warehousing
- Entertainment and recreation
What is the current adoption level of information security in companies?
Every business aspires to create enhanced, convenient, and secure digital experiences to their customers. They are in dire need of competent Information Security professionals to prevent fraud, manage security, optimize authentication, and incorporate security controls into data analytics. By establishing Information Security as an enterprise-wide service, CISOs and CIOs want to strengthen their business and technology environments with quantitative risk analytics, so that they can enable better, fact-based decision making. As Infosec issues and breaches cause customers loss, reputation damage, and costs billions of dollars in cash, a 100% adoption rate of Information Security is expected.
Accordion TWhat is the eligibility to join the Information Security Course at AICL in Chennai?itle
Anyone who wants a career in Infosec can join the Information Security Course at AICL in Chennai!
CYBER SECURITYReally had a good experience with aicl
Cyber securityNice to know about basics
CYBER SECURITYExcellent session I understand the concepts
CYBER SECURITYThis is the best place to start to learn the cybersecurity course . The topics were very interesting and the instructor has explained very well.
CYBER SECURITYIt was really well structured with a great teaching methodology. The use of concrete examples/quiz made me understand much easier content...THANK YOU AICL